Do you enjoy managing a team of professionals servicing high end properties and installing beautiful landscapes? Are you a seasoned landscape professional who wants to take your career to the next level? Do you thrive on providing an exceptional customer experience? Are you a go-getter who is motivated by goals and incentives? Do you enjoy working in the great outdoors?
If you answered yes, then your next career move is to Puryear Farms Nursery and Landscaping as an Account Manager! We are expanding our team of ‘A Players’ and looking for an organized and detailed thinker, who still enjoys getting their hands dirty, to join our fun group of landscape professionals. The account manager, works under the guidance of our seasoned operations manager to supervise the maintenance department and keep it on track to meet its goals.
Objective & Responsibilities:
The project manager is a highly detailed individual who thrives in organizing & managing multiple people, tasks and priorities in an efficient way. The A.M. is a leader who is accountable to meeting or beating budgets and company goals. The core objective of the A.M. is to serve as the point of contact with our customer and supervise the teams executing the work on our maintenance routes, providing exceptional customer service, while ensuring above industry average gross profit and developing our staff to be the best in our market. This will be accomplished by performing the following tasks:
- Groom the relationship with each client and serve as his/her main point of contact.
- Handle contract renewals with existing clients.
- Set Expectations, make notes, and provide suggestions for clients properties.
- Perform regular documented site checks of properties to ensure quality standards.
- Create and update project schedule of maintenance & enhancement crews.
- Supervision, training and development of team members.
- Ensure production standards are being met by managing jobs and training on-site.
- Set the pace to ensure man hour budgets are met and efficiency is maximized.
- Supervise the morning & evening routines to ensure all processes are being followed.
- Provide daily work tickets, route scheduling, crew goals and maintain all checklists.
- Supervise sub-contractor schedules and provide on-job supervision when necessary.
- Verify previous day work order reports.
- Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of equipment with the Fleet Mechanic.
- Assist in disciplining of direct reports with the OM.
- Perform regular staff evaluations and make recommendations to the OM.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and safety programs are being followed.
- Report and record all accidents, work injuries and property damage complaints.
- Implement training programs for all crews.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Meet all maintenance operations Dept. KPI goals including budgeted man hours.
- Upsells and enhancements for existing clients.
- Proactive communication with supervisor & team regarding schedule.
- Maintenance client retention rate and timely renewals sent dates.
- Daily work order tickets, schedule board, production board, CRM, & crew packets
- Documented property site checks to ensure high levels of service quality.
Direct Reports & Relationships:
- The project manager will report directly to the Installation department manager.
- The P.M. will work closely with the sales team, fleet mechanic, and nursery manager to properly coordinate all projects, staff, equipment, materials and subcontractors.
- The P.M. will also work with the Office staff on daily billing, job costing, client communication and daily route sheets for crews.
- The P.M. will coach and assist the teams to allow for success.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- 2-3 years combined industry experience in landscape installation.
- Associates degree, or higher, preferred. Other background considered
- Proficient level computer skills - Office suite, CRM programs, GPS software & Excel
- Experience leading, organizing and managing multiple people is a must.
- Experience with scheduling, project management and logistics is a must.
- Working knowledge of fleet equipment and trucks used in the industry.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving with no criminal record.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a PLUS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive and charismatic demeanor at all times.
- Possess a genuine love for the outdoors and landscaping.
- High energy, self-driven individual with strong leadership & persuasion skills
- Good teacher who enjoys sharing his or her trade with others through daily training
- Loves getting their hands dirty, prefers doing tasks and leads by example.
- Highly detail oriented person driven by task accomplishment & organization
- Enjoys coaching and building a team of professionals
- Consistently behaved person with strong core values & integrity
- Requires minimal supervision and consistently delivers results, success driven.
- Spatially intelligent, can navigate the most efficient travel routes without GPS
- Problem solver, patient individual who enjoys controlling chaos
- Comfortable managing & constantly communicating with team members
- Takes enjoyment in serving and providing value to others, enjoys working with a team
- Enthusiastic, positive and passionate person
- Driven by a desire to accomplish company and personal goals
- Able to deal with uncertainty and changing working conditions on a daily basis (stress)
- Can handle criticism and accept responsibility for the actions of others
- Ability to make quick judgment decisions based on logic and research
- Able to identify the most important priorities and act accordingly on a daily basis
- Thrives under pressure, handles stressful situations in a calm and collective manner
- Strategic thinker capable of creating and implementing systems
- Ability to maintain a proficient, yet teachable attitude at all times
- Strives for improvement and enjoys working in environments of growth and change.
- Punctual and reliable person that can be counted on
- Willing to work long hours as necessary to accomplish set goals
- Approximate work load per week based on past experience of successful account managers (spring – 50-55hrs, summer & fall – 45-50hrs, winter 40hrs*)
- Crews arrive at 7am or earlier – AM should be first in and last out when needed
- Available for all winter snow events, ability to work odd hours overnight when needed*
- Typical day may involve 80% time in the field and 20% of your time in the office
- Work truck will be provided for field use (not take home)
- Must have the ability to operate equipment, trucks and lift up to 80lbs.
- Must be comfortable with a highly seasonal job and enjoy the change of pace
Compensation & Benefits:
- Relaxed company culture (we work hard, but like to have fun!)
- Numerous company events with opportunities to involve your family
- Total compensation of $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Incentive structure allowing for additional earnings after first year
- Ten days of Paid Time off (PTO) ….available after first 90 days
- Paid holidays (total of 6) after one year
- Work cell phone included
- Simple IRA plan available after one year (3% match)
- Health insurance within 90 days
If you are looking for a work environment where professionalism and respect is paramount, then make Puryear Farms the last job change you will ever make!
TEL: 615-452-8948 x 102 / FAX: 615-452-0221
EMAIL Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org